Qualifying for City of Smyrna Municipal Election (Mayor and 7 Wards)
- Date: 08/20/2019 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Location: City Hall
2800 King Street
Smyrna, Georgia 30080
Qualifying for Smyrna Municipal Election (November 2019 election) - Mayor and all Seven Wards
The Municipal Qualifying period this year - determined by O.C.G.A. 21-2-132 - takes place between Monday, August 19th and Friday, August 23rd. (Within that week, a municipality must designate no less than three consecutive days in which to conduct qualifying.)
The hours each day are 8:30 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break.
Candidates for Mayor and Wards 1 through 7 will qualify for the general election to be held Tuesday November 5, 2019 during these days.
Qualifying will be held in the Human Resources Training Room on the first floor of Smyrna City Hall (2800 King Street, Smyrna Ga 30080) as follows:
- Tuesday, August 20th, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 21st 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. and
- Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.,
- Each day the qualifying process will close for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m..
Please review the Qualifying page of this website for a complete listing of requirements.
Absentee Ballot Application
General Election Information