Employment opportunities will be posted on this site as well as in the Human Resources office as they become available. The City of Smyrna only accepts applications for currently posted positions.
Please be aware that each Department within the City of Smyrna independently reviews and interviews applicants. You will be contacted directly by the hiring department only if you are selected for an interview.
Current available employment opportunities are listed below. Click on the job title to display job information.
Crew Worker (Water/Sewer)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.18 per hour
- Posted Date:08/30/2018
Under the direct supervision of the Water/Sewer Supervisor, performs a variety of unskilled or semi-skilled manual labor in the division of Water/Sewer in support of the installation, maintenance, and/or repair of water lines, water meters, fire hydrants, pumping equipment, and sewer lines. Assist in other divisions of Public Works as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled manual labor duties in connection with the City's water and sewer line installation, maintenance, and/or repair.
• Assists in loading truck with materials for the day's projects and properly maintaining tools on truck and other necessary equipment.
• Assists in the installation and maintenance of water lines, water meters, fire hydrants, and pumping equipment as well as in the repair of water and sewer lines.
• Performs a variety of other heavy manual labor in connection with maintenance and construction of water and sewer lines as well as helping in other Public Works divisions when needed.
• May occasionally be called upon to drive light City vehicle (i.e., pick-up truck) in performance of job duties.
•Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by five months previous experience and/or training that includes construction work or equipment operation; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Experience with utility locating preferred.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *