Civil Service Board Vacancy - Seeking Interested Smyrna Residents
Posted Date: 09/17/2018
Civil Service Board Vacancy
Seeking interested Smyrna residents.
The City of Smyrna, Georgia will hold an election to fill a two-year term* for a seat on the Civil Service Board.** Eligible employees of the Smyrna Fire and Police Departments will elect the Board member via secret ballot.
If you are an interested resident of the City of Smyrna, qualifying dates for this position will be Monday, September 17, 2018 through Monday, September 24, 2018 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM in the Human Resources Department, 1st Floor, City Hall, 2800 King Street, Smyrna, GA 30080. All interested candidates must file with Sharon Jones, Clerk of the Civil Service Board no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, September 24, 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
Qualifications for Civil Service Board Candidacy:
- Candidate must not be a current employee OR a retiree of the City of Smyrna, GA AND/OR a current employee of Cobb County or State of Georgia Governments.
- Candidate must be at least 25 years of age on the date of the election and/or appointment.
- Candidate must be a verifiable resident of the City of Smyrna, Georgia for at least one year prior to the election date.
- Candidate must be a qualified voter of the City of Smyrna, Georgia.
- Candidate must not be a relative of any covered Smyrna Public Safety employee, the Mayor, City Council Member(s), the City Administrator, Civil Service Board Member or any staff member of the Human Resources Department.
For more information, please contact Sharon Jones at 678-631-5332.
* Term of office will run from November 1, 2018 to October 31, 2020.
** The Civil Service Board has appellate jurisdiction over civil service employee (Police/Fire) adverse actions and employee grievances after the employee has followed the appeals process as outlined in the City of Smyrna Personnel Policies and Procedures.