Court Administrator: Cardi McManus
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, all City buildings are closed and Smyrna Municipal Court has rescheduled all court dates that were scheduled from March 16th - April 23rd.
Notices with the following court dates were mailed out on March 12, 2020 via USPS to the address on your citation.
- If your court date was March 16th the new court date will be May 28th
- If your court date was March 19th the new court date is June 1rst
- If your court date is March 23rd the new court date is April 27th
- If your court date is March 26th the new date is April 30th
- If your court date is March 30th the new date is May 4th
Notices with the following court dates were mailed out on March 27, 2020 via USPS to the address on your citation.
- If your court date is April 13th the new court date will be May 18th
- If your court date is April 16th the new court date will be May 21st
- If your court date is April 20th the new court date is May 28th
- If your court date is April 23rd the new date is June 1st
You may now pay court fees online
CLICK the notice regarding online payments before you proceed to the payment link
Online Payment Notice: For your convenience, you may pay online. However, certain violations require a court appearance and are not available for online payment. You will be advised that your violation is a must appear when you attempt to pay online and you will not be allowed to pay at that time. Please note online payments must be made by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time the day before your court date. Also, please note that past due citations must be paid in person or by mail.
For information regarding a citation or court dates call: 770-431-2804
The Smyrna Municipal Court is the judicial branch of the City Government of Smyrna.
The Court Services Division is responsible for processing all traffic citations and misdemeanor state law violations issued by the Police Department, including ordinance violations issued by Community Development’s Code Enforcement, and preparing dockets and collecting fines and fees.
The Court Services Division holds separate sessions for traffic and environmental court citations.
The Environmental Court addresses property maintenance, animal control and other environmental degradation cases before the Court Judge.
Other Traffic Court sessions are held for various traffic infractions such as speeding tickets.
Please review the Basic Rules of Court Brochure from Judicial Council of Georgia.
For Directions to Court / City Hall please click the link.
Chief Judge: Phyllis Gingrey Collins
Solicitor: Tim Williams
Judge: Joel Pugh
Solicitor: Tim Williams