City of Smyrna Court Information and Basic Rules of Court Conduct
• A security checkpoint with an officer and metal detector will check for prohibited items. The officer should be allowed to search any bags, packages or personal belongings that will be taken into the courtroom. Refusal to cooperate may result in denial of entry to your hearing.
• No weapons of any kind (e.g. guns, knives, pepper spray, tools, etc.)
Dressing for Court:
If you are appearing in court you should dress nicely and in a manner that shows respect for the court, judge and staff.
• No hats (except those worn for religious purposes) • Sunglasses need to be removed
• No shorts, no tank tops, no halter tops and no T-shirts depicting violence, sexual acts, profanity or illegal drugs
Other Rules of Court Conduct:
• No food or drinks • No loud gum chewing • No reading materials
• Electronic devices shall be turned off (cell phones, laptops, etc.)
Please do not bring children to court unless the court has ordered them to be present. Many topics discussed in the courtroom are not appropriate for children and may be hurtful or confusing. There is limited space in the court waiting area. If you must bring children with you on your court date, you will be taken into the court room after all defendants have been seen.
Due to limited space and fire code requirements, only the defendant is permitted in the courtroom. Other persons may enter in accordance to fire code limits.
If you have a disability, speak another language or require special accommodations in the courtroom, please call at least 24 hours before your hearing to allow the court time to properly assist you.
Contact and payment information: Court Services 770-431-2804
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm • www.smyrnacity.com
• Read the back of your citation for important fine payment information!
• Online Payments - www.ticketfastpay.com
• For your convenience, you may pay tickets online. However, certain violations require a court appearance and are not available for online payment. You will be advised that your violation is a must appear when you attempt to pay online and you will not be allowed to pay at that time. Please note online payments must be made by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time the day before your court date. Also, please note that past due citations must be paid in person or by mail.
• All fine payments must be received no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled court appearance.
• Please read the back of your citation for additional fine payment information.
Additional Information about courts may be obtained at www.georgiacourts.org