Smyrna City Hall (2800 King St SE, Smyrna GA 30080)
(770) 431-2814 (fax)
Current Millage Rate
The City of Smyrna's current millage rate for residential and commercial property is 8.99 mills. Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions concerning taxes, including how to calculate your property tax using the assessed value and current millage rate.
Pay a Tax Bill
Tax bills are issued in September and are due in November. The City now offers the ability to View and/or Pay Property Tax Bills Online. Payments are also accepted via mail to Property Tax, 2800 King Street, Smyrna, GA 30080; or in person in the Finance Department on the second floor of City Hall.
- Occupational taxes are collected separately via annual Business License renewals.
- The City imposes no municipal sales taxes.
Residential home owners in Smyrna may qualify for one or more exemptions (reductions to your property tax bill). Currently, these exemptions include:
- All Smyrna home owners qualify for a homestead exemption that caps the property tax at the initial assessed value of the home.
- Property owners age 62 or over living in the City are granted a $10,000 exemption.
- Property owners on 100% disability with income of $12,000 or less from all sources, excluding social security benefits and other retirement plans, are granted a $22,000 exemption.
Click here to download exemption applications or call (678) 631-5318 with questions.
For an overview of state and local taxes that Georgia businesses are required to collect and/or pay, click here. To see how the millage rate in Smyrna compares to other cities in Cobb County, or see how your County tax bill is structured, click here. In addition to these taxes, all businesses operating inside Smyrna City limits must pay an annual business license fee.