BEGINNING JUNE 18 WE ARE ADDING THURSDAYS!
WE WILL BE OPEN THURSDAYS, FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS, 9:00AM to 3:00PM
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Thank you for following the protocols below to keep everyone safe:
• Recycling Center will be open only on Fridays and Saturdays 9:00AM to 3:00PM.
• Each customer may have only one appointment per day.
• Please only one person per car.
• Customers must wear masks and gloves per City of Smyrna guidelines.
• Please have materials sorted prior to coming to the Center to allow the fastest in and out.
• Unsorted materials will be returned.
• Self- Service Only. Staff will not be able to assist unloading cars.
• Items to be accepted: plastics 1 and 2, aluminum cans, small metals items, glass bottles and jars, cardboard, mixed paper/office paper, books, and wearable clothing..
• Items NOT accepted at this time. (cooking oil, fluorescent bulbs, electronics, batteries, motor oil, large appliances)
• Our Staff will wear masks and gloves and maintain social distancing.
Smyrna Recycling Center Holiday Schedule 2020
July 4 – Independence Day
September 5 through September 7 – Labor Day
November 26 through November 27 – Thanksgiving holidays
December 24 through December 25 – Christmas Holidays
We are located at:
3475 Lake Drive, Smyrna Ga 30082
Our hours: (Hours have changed due to CoVID 19)
Closed on Sundays and Mondays
Tuesday: closed to the public
Wednesday: closed to the public
Thursday: Beginning June 18 - 9:00AM until 3:00PM by appointment
Friday: 9:00AM until 3:00PM by appointment
Saturday: 9:00AM until 3:00PM by appointment
Need to do Community Service? Call us at 770.431.2869 to schedule your hours. NOTE: due to CoVID 19, no community service hours are available.
What can you bring to the Smyrna Recycling Center? Please note due to CoVID 19 this list has changed.
We accept the following:
PLASTICS -AS OF MARCH 1, 2020 - WE ARE SUSPENDING COLLECTION OF PLASTICS 3 - 7 DUE TO MARKET CONDITIONS
SUSPENDED - BATTERIES, RECHARGEABLE
SUSPENDED - BATTERIES, VEHICLE
SUSPENDED - CELL PHONES
SUSPENDED - CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
SUSPENDED - COOKING OIL, USED
SUSPENDED - CORDS, CABLES, WIRES
SUSPENDED - FERROUS METALS and ALL-METAL APPLIANCES:
washers, dryers, stoves, water heaters (No dishwashers, unless all-metal).
We do not accept appliances containing Freon or coolant (such as refrigerators, dehumidifiers, etc. ).
SUSPENDED - FLUORESCENT BULBS – all types, whole (unbroken), RESIDENTIAL ONLY.
SUSPENDED - INK-JET CARTRIDGES, TONER CARTRIDGES
SUSPENDED - MOTOR OIL and ANTIFREEZE
SUSPENDED - SHOES – athletic shoes in any condition; all other shoes should be in wearable condition and in pairs
Plastics 3 - 7
Large rigid plastics (toys, buckets, garbage cans, etc.)
mercury-containing devices (except fluorescent bulbs)
paint or other hazardous/toxic materials
child car seats
wood of any kind
furniture unless all-metal
plastic shower curtains
plastic food packaging
CALL US AT 770-431-2869 FOR INFO ON WHERE TO RECYCLE /DISPOSE OF OTHER MATERIALS.
For large trash and yard waste disposal, contact Public Works at 770-431-2850 or Advanced Disposal at 770-436-6126.