This department is responsible for the following functions: Streets, Residential Sanitation, Water and Sewer, Building and Plants and Fleet Management. Coordination between this Department and City Council is provided via the Public Works Committee.
Your regular Sanitation/Recycling Schedule is now searchable!
- Director of Public Works: Ernest Frank Martin, WWCO, WDO
- Assistant Director Public Works, Bo Jones WDO, WWCO
- Mailing Address:
City of Smyrna Public Works
2190 Atlanta Road
Smyrna, GA 30080
- Phone Number: (770) 431-2850
- Fax Number: (678) 631-5443
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
After Hours Emergency Phone Number: (770) 434-6666
Does your water bill seem a bit higher? An often overlooked culprit of extra water use is a leaky toilet or one that continues to run. It’s easy to miss and the amount of extra water use can be surprising. The City of Smyrna is making available tablets to help you find out if you have a leaking toilet and there are two places to obtain tablets, upon request. You may also pick up a high-efficiency retrofit faucet aerator.
Test Tablets and/or high-efficiency retrofit faucet aerator(s) may be requested at
- City hall utility office either at the drive-thru window and or inside City Hall at the payment counter. You may also call 678-631-5338 to check availability and hours of operation.
- Public Works front desk – please call 770-431-2850.
Each department can provide all the necessary information on how the tablets work along with an information booklet.
Not a residential customer? Did you know that commercial customers such as restaurants or any business with a commercial kitchen can also receive a water saver pre-rinse spray valves? They are available at either of these locations upon request if the establishment qualifies.
Wondering what to do with that old toilet that you just replaced (with a more efficient unit, of course)? Though the City of Smyrna does not recycle toilets, we are able to refer you to "CHaRM" which is the Center for the Hard to Recycle Materials in Atlanta. The link to the page of their website that lists accepted materials and associated information is http://livethrive.org/charm/items-accepted/