Atlanta Road Multi-use Trail Project Data:
Construction period impact to public: Periodic lane closures of right-hand southbound lane on Atlanta Road, periodic construction vehicle use of center lane on Atlanta Road, periodic construction at driveway and street connections to west side of Atlanta Road. The "contract" project completion date is January 2012 but our internal anticipated project completion date is November 2011.
The trail is a component of both the City’s and County’s master trail plan. To see how the trail connects with the County’s existing and proposed network, see http://dot.cobbcountyga.gov/download/Trail%20Map%202008.pdf
- Start: August 2011
- Contract project completion (projected total expected time given weather and/or other delays): January 2012
- Internal anticipated project completion: November 2011
- Project Length: 1.4 miles
- Start Location: Atlanta Road at Concord Road
- End Location: Atlanta Road at Ridge Road
- Engineer: Arcadis
- Contractor: Baldwin Paving
- Construction Budget: $593,101.89 – Federal funds: $474,481.51 (80%); SPLOST funds: $118,620.38 (20%)
Timeline updates as available:
- Sept. 30, 2011 - Approximately 5% complete. The contractor is currently removing existing sidewalk and grading fo rthe new sidewalk, installing storm drainage and excavating for a retaining wall near Collier Drive.